Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project #1- Elements and Principles Blog

Some of the pictures used in my slideshow are pictures of photos I have taken in the last couple of months. In October I had gone to the Toronto Zoo, and I took some perfect pictures to use in this project. The first picture is for Harmony I had taken this beautiful picture of a patch of overgrown flowers. It was just beautiful and peaceful and I feel is a perfect example of representing harmony. Another photo is for Balance, its of two owls balancing on a tree branch, totally at ease. Another picture is for Color, its of a group of flamingos, their different color pink feathers with the relfections in the water and the green trees and brush around them add so much color to this picture. For Shape, I chose a picture of jelly fish that I had taken, you can see the shapes of square masses "inside" them and their round bodies floating around. The last picture from the zoo is of the waterfall for Rhythm. The water falling over the edge in a constant rhythm and hitting the rocks at the bottom. For Movement, I chose a picture of Hydroplane boat racing that took place in August. The boats in the picture direct your eye to follow where they are going and you see the water behind them going into the air. For Space I chose a picture that I took while they were taking the Hydroplane boats in and out of the water. In this picture the boat was hanging in the air waiting to get put in the water. For Proportion, I chose a picture of me and my boyfriend sitting on a model of the Statue of Liberty Foot, us sitting on it puts its size into perspective. For Variety I chose a picture of Time Square that I took, there are many different things going on in this picture, however it all works and fits together. It an organized chaos. For Emphasis, I chose a picture from a Disney resort. The whole picture emphasizes the structure, it pulls your eyes to the top, where you then see the water and it pulls your eyes back down. For Form, I chose a picture from a cementary in New Orleans that I took. This picture shows the form of the wall and the details of cement and brick. For Lines, I took a picture of fireworks and when I loaded it into the computer it looks like the fireworks is indeed made of lines. I though this was a very cool picture. For Texture I had taken a picture of a very different looking tree. You can see the roughness and design of the bark and roots with the leaves surrounding it. For Value, I took a picture of my friends in black and white. You can see the glare of light and shadows in portions of the picture. For Unity, I took a picture of my grandparents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I feel this picture is a good reperesentation of unity.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures that you captured for this project were very enjoyable. I found all of them interesting. You also described all of the elements nicely. The describtion above was also very helpful. During this project we were required to take our own pictures and display them displaying the 15 elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took every picture that was used for this project

    ReplyDelete