Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Critic's Report- Project 5 blog

1. Which projects did you review?

I reviewed "Full figured" by Nicholas Sessanna.

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?

I selected this exhibit to critique because out the few I chose to consider, I enjoyed the meaning and theme behind this presentation. It was a unique topic to choose.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?

While writing this critique I was not sure how to start, and what things to concentrate on. Once I explained why I chose the exhibit, and why I enjoyed it, the ideas of things I wanted to say started to flow out.

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?

I think critiquing peers work is a great thing. I enjoyed being able to really look at someone else's work, and analyze why they chose and did the things that they did, and also how they differ from what I did. Everyone interprets things differently and I have seen many variations between different exhibits. This makes everything more interesting to see, and makes me want to see more.

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?

I would love to read what my peers wrote about my Art Curation project. I enjoyed creating the project and I put a lot of time into it, so it would be nice to see what other people have to say, and even get feedback and ideas on things I could have changed or done differently because there are plenty of ideas I did not come up with it that I saw in my peer's projects. It is nice to get others perspectives on things, thats how we learn and grow.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?

I would rate my article at a 9, because I feel I did a good job at explaining things that I really enjoyed throughout the project, and I also gave him some advice on things that I would have liked to see as a viewer.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?

I did enjoy working on this project. I learned a lot in a short time. I learned many new artists and styles. I also learned about critiquing, and how difficult it can be to be a critic and explaining your ideas on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment