Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Self Portrait Reflection

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?


2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I chose to create my self-portrait with a pencil, so it would be easy to erase any mistakes I made and can redo it. I chose to sketch my portrait from one of my favorite pictures of myself that I recently had taken.

3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
Drawing facial features was the most challenging with trying to create my self- portrait. I wanted to try and make myself look as realistic as I could, so I had to keep re- drawing my face.

4. How does this piece represent you?
This piece represents me, because its almost exactly how I look, the face is slightly larger than mine, but this is me.

5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?
The main elements and principles that I concentrated on were lines, shapes, shading, and texture The whole piece includes line to give myself (face, shoulders and arms) definition. The lines and shading also added texture to my hair and my shirt. The shading helps add texture to my hair, showing individual hairs and direction/ flow of my hair.


6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I did enjoy working on this project. It was interesting to actually have to look carefully at details of myself and things I wanted to include in the drawing.


7. What do you think of your final artwork?
Im actually very surprised with my final artwork. After re- doing it a feel times, I was able to get it the way I wanted it to look. I was surprised at my drawing skills when I actually had to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment