Sunday, March 6, 2011

Art Exploration #3- Installation

Reflect:

A. Installation art is a modified space in which the viewer can enter and experience the artwork.
B. There are no set materials used in installation art. An artist can pretty much use any object.
C. Artists create installations because they want to evoke feelings and emotions in the viewer. The idea of an installation is to change the space in a room to create different feelings.
D. The installation I found most interesting is from the book, Jumbo Spoons and Big Cake by Thomas Hirchhorn. Its crazy and all over the place. As a viewer I do not even know where to begin.

Plan:

A. An installation piece that gives me inspiration is Jumbo Spoons and Big Cake by Thomas Hirschhorn (like I used in Reflect: D). I like how crazy and overwhelming it is. It makes the piece more interesting.
B. The theme I decided I wanted to explore is Looking Outward: Here and Now.
C. I will use everyday materials like paper, pens but also objects I use for work like a scan gun, my computer and sign stock.
D. My installation will take place in my office at work because I have limited resources and I thought if I did it at work it could be different.




4. My installation takes place in my office at work. I have many open boxes on the computer screen, all my work is laid across my desk with a notebook, pen, pencil, my scan gun,and includes my office supplies like my phone, training binders, our drawers for the supplies. There is just stuff everywhere.
5. The elements and principles used are: Lines, every object in the picture potrays lines. Light and color, there are colors to every object used and the lighting in the office and from the computer which affects the coloring. My installation places emphasis on the computer and paperwork.
6. I wanted to create an installation with the theme Looking Outward:The Here and Now. I wanted it to feel busy and for the viewer to be able to see what a busy day at work is like. The viewer shouldn't really know where to start. I had very limited resources and I didn't know where to start. But when I started thinking that installations can be walked into and experienced which is what i do at work, so I went with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment