Saturday, March 26, 2011

Art Exploration #4

1. It was easy to use my hand as my subject matter because I did not have to think of what to use. Also I can look at and feel my hands as much as I need to, to be able to draw them, so it was not based just on sight.

2. I chose to use a pencil because it was easier for me to hold, I could make lighter and darker lines as needed and also its easier to erase anything I did.

3. It was tough trying to actually draw with my non-dominant hand (right hand). My handwriting is not that different between my two hands because I used to use both, and depending on what I'm doing I use my right hand alot. However drawing was a different story, it was harder to make the curves I wanted to with my right hand and to make lines. However I still found this difficult to even do with my dominant hand.

4. Both pictures were rough. My dominant hand gave more detail to the outline of my hand and I could make the lines in my palm look pretty much how they actually look. However with my non-dominant hand I had straighter lines and my fingertips were more rounded. The actual difference between the two is only a slight difference.

5. Even though there was not a huge difference between my drawings, I would not use my non-dominant hand for anything in the future including artwork. It was hard to properly hold the pencil and to move it the way I wanted to.


No comments:

Post a Comment