Friday, April 8, 2011

Week 11- Video Blog

1. African Art
- I chose this video because it is about African Art and even after reading the book I still did not really understand it, so I thought this would supplement what I read.
- This video examined different aspects of African Art like symbolism, aesthetics and the functionality. It also talked about religious beliefs.
- This video related to the text because it talks about the same information in a different way.
- I liked this video because it help me visually understand African Art. This clearned up African Topics and help me understand and see their beliefs.

2. African Art: Legacy of Oppression
- I chose this video because the title "Legacy of Oppression" drew me in, and sounded interesting.
- This video talks about Belgiums Tervuren Museum. It discussed and showed examples of African artwork from more than 250 different cultures.
- This video just gave more information that shows pieces of artwork from different cultures.
- This video gave me additional knowledge to help me get the whole picture on African art.

3. Hinduism
- I chose this video because I do not know alot about Hinduism.
- This video talked about the practice of Hinduism through the use of architecture and art in India.
- This video game me a better idea of what Hinduism is all about and show me real life examples.

4. Buddhism
- I chose this video because I wanted to learn more about Buddhism.
- This video talked about the beginning of Buddhism and its use of architecture and art.
- The video showed me some real examples of Buddhism arichtecture and went into detail explaining it.
- This video shows me good examples of Buddhism architecure to help me visualiza them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment